Pedernales Electric Cooperative (PEC) works with vendors who provide products or services that allow us to perform efficiently and effectively throughout our various departments and districts. We acquire many products and services by issuing requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for quotes (RFQs) which facilitates a bidding process. This helps ensure we obtain the needed supplies and services at favorable prices; achieve product and service suitability, safety and appropriate quality and receive reliable vendor performance.
The Procurement and Invoicing Procedures section below provides information/instructions for both current and potential vendors.
Procurement & Invoicing Procedures
The Purchasing Department maintains a list of vendors who have expressed an interest in doing business with PEC. The Vendor List is a resource for internal requisitioners; however, being included on this list does not guarantee the notification of new RFPs/RFQs or the award of future work. Vendors interested in bidding on work should frequently review this webpage for bid solicitations. Vendors who provide goods/services that do not require competitive bidding may be contacted directly by a PEC requisitioner.
If you are a vendor who would like to be added to our Vendor List, please e-mail
with the following information:
- Official registered business name
- Key contact's name, direct phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address
- Physical address
- Remit-to address
- Main telephone and fax numbers
- Type(s) of products or services provided
- Year established and number of years delivering the products or services specified
- Previous experience with PEC, if any
Purchasing will periodically review the vendor list and remove vendors to whom PEC has not issued a payment within (2) consecutive years.
PEC’s Purchasing Policy requires the following goods/services to be competitively bid:
- A single good costing $5,000 or more
- Bulk orders of the same item totaling $25,000 or more
- Service order totaling $50,000 or more
PEC may, at its sole discretion, waive competitive bidding for certain transactions.
The following information is required of all PEC Vendors. The information should be submitted via e-mail prior to beginning any services on PEC property and/or delivery of goods.
Vendors who participate in a PEC RFP/RFQ process will e-mail the information to the Purchasing Department contact listed in the RFP/RFQ. Vendors with whom PEC places orders or procures services that do not go through an RFP/RFQ will e-mail the information to email@example.com.
- Protective personal equipment (PPE) shall be in accordance with labeling, OSHA, and industry standards.
- DOT regulated equipment must be adequate for the job and in compliance with DOT regulations.
- All work shall be performed in compliance with all federal, state and OSHA safety standards.
- PEC will issue a Purchase Order (PO) for goods and services as follows:
- Services with a total value of $10,000 or more;
- Goods where an individual item is $5,000 or more;
- PEC, at its sole discretion, may require POs for goods/services of a lesser value.
- Information contained on an invoice, packing slip, and service receipt should mirror the PO.
- Goods should not be delivered, nor should services begin, prior to receipt of a PO.
- Only goods and services listed on the PO should be delivered.
- Any amendments to a PO’s scope, quantity or pricing will require approval from PEC before the related invoices can be processed.
Verbal Orders (Non-POs)
- When PEC places a verbal order, the PEC employee’s name must be included as part of the verbal order number.
- Goods and services placed on a verbal order must be below the monetary threshold for Competitive Bidding.
Delivery of Goods
- A packing slip is required with each shipment of goods and must contain the PEC PO number or the name of the PEC employee placing a verbal order. Please ensure these instructions are passed on to any third party carriers.
- If a delivery location error occurs, PEC will require that you or your transport company pick up and deliver the goods to the correct location.
Receipt of Services
- A Service Receipt should be provided to PEC at the time services are performed and should include information that mirrors the PO. If a verbal order was given, the document must provide a detailed description of the service(s) performed, hours worked and the name of the PEC employee who placed the verbal order.
- PEC may provide you with a written confirmation that shows the services PEC has approved for invoicing.
Certificates of Liability Insurance
The Purchasing Department is responsible for receiving and imaging liability insurance certificates for qualified vendors. Vendors should forward certificates to the following address prior to delivery of goods and/or prior to performing work on PEC property:
Pedernales Electric Cooperative, Inc.
P.O. Box 1
Johnson City, TX 78636
Vendors may not work on PEC property without submitting a current certificate of liability insurance. Please refer to the PEC liability insurance requirements.
New Product Introduction
Vendors must follow these steps to offer new and similar products to PEC for goods used in the distribution of electricity to members. Attempts to bypass the procedures herein may result in immediate disqualification of the vendor’s product for one year.
Note about tools: Commonly used tools that are not industry specific, such as screw drivers, wrenches, hammers, etc. do not require this introduction process. However, specialized tools for the installation of equipment, such as hydraulic presses, clamps, hoists, etc. that may impact PEC’s ability to complete a job as designed must be introduced using these steps.
Complete the New Product Application Form (PDF | Microsoft Word) and e-mail it to
along with other appropriate documentation. Incomplete forms are subject to disqualification.
- A Purchasing employee will forward the form and attached documentation to PEC’s Standards Section or appropriate department, who will notify Purchasing as to whether adding the vendor’s item to PEC’s approved products list is deemed beneficial to PEC.
- Purchasing will then notify the vendor. Additional documentation and/or samples may be requested at that time.
The distributor who introduces a new product to PEC that is approved by the Standards Section, providing its cost is competitive, will be granted single source status for that product for a period of one year from the date of approval.
In the event the manufacturer’s representative introduces a product, the representative will be responsible for selecting the distributor, who will handle the product throughout the approval process. In these cases, the selected distributor will be subject to PEC’s application of Suspension of Consideration or Solicitation.
Suspension of Consideration or Solicitation
Future work or orders placed with an existing vendor may be suspended in the following situations. The suspension will be implemented for a minimum of one (1) year and may continue for such period of time as PEC deems necessary. After the suspension period expires, vendors may be reinstated to active status only after demonstrating their ability and commitment to perform responsibly. PEC will provide written notification of the reason(s) for the suspension.
- Consistent failure to conform to contract specifications, terms, and conditions.
- Consistent failure to deliver products/services in the time specified on the contract.
- Collusion with others to restrain competitive bidding.
- Giving false or misleading information in bid proposals, including failure to keep offer firm for the length of time specified.
- Failure to accept orders based on firm bids.
- Failure to make adjustments or replacement of damaged goods or poorly executed services.
- Failure to make good on warranties and guarantees on products/services delivered.
- Bankruptcy or other evidence of insolvency.
- Consistent violations of procedural requirements that were communicated to the vendor.
Single source — Single sourcing occurs when multiple vendors can provide a product or service, but a business decision is made to select a particular vendor without going through the bidding process.
For additional assistance, please contact us via email.